Remember, the principles of the NAP outline what we vow NOT to do. Just like the rules we have for children, the list of unacceptable behavior is logical and concise, and our primary goal is to find common agreement there. The list of alternative solutions, on the other hand, is a never-ending creative experiment!
Lately we’ve turned our focus toward ABA and other data-driven solutions. The external links we post here are both current and research-based.
And below are solutions from the writers here at NAP Parenting.
- The Passive-Aggressive Cycle or: How to Disapprove Without Bullying
- You Can’t Take What’s Already Earned
- Giving (Reasonable) Choices
- Fines and Fees in a Voluntary System?
- Trick-Or-Treating the NAP Parenting Way
- Step #0-1 Listen and Validate the Emotion (and Watch the Problems Disappear!)
- Pointing Out Problems
- The power of “I” statements
- Put It In Writing!
- Always Say “Please”!